Photo by Scott Pickering

Monday, November 5, 2012

PASIC 2012

It was the return of the Percussive Arts Society International Convention (PASIC) to the Lone Star State last week.  Attendees to the world's largest gathering of drummers enjoyed Austin's warm temperatures and dozens of concerts and clinics. 

The event is always inspiring (and humbling) as I listen to some of the "greats" perform.  I really dug Keith Terry's body percussion presentation and the father-son duo of Richie and Roland Gajate-Garcia.  Another highlight was the Roland V-Drums National Championships which included performances by Johnny Rabb and Thomas Lang.  The V-Drums are amazing! 

As a member of the Interactive Drumming Committee, I facilitated a Flash Jam on Friday morning.  What a blast!  Drums and Boomwhackers were jamming for about ten minutes outside the exhibit hall.  I looked over and saw my friend, Rich Redmond (Jason Aldean band) joining in the action.
You can get lost in the moment checking out gear at the Exhibit Hall.  Check out this photo of Neil Grover and me at the Grover Pro Percussion booth. 

Grover instruments have been a part of "my sound" for over two decades!
(www.groverpro.com)

Several months ago, Grover released the Roll Ring.  Wow!  With the Roll Ring, you can lay down a confident thumb roll on the tambourine (with no saliva).


No comments:

Post a Comment