Photo by Scott Pickering

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December Set Up of the Month: Greg Draper

Check out this set up photo (and comments below) from Greg Draper, a percussionist at Hallmark Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. 

I've attached a photo of my complete gig rig. I don't usually play all these instruments in a service, but have them available if needed. You can see in the photo the pair of mini-timbales and the pair of regular timbales. I play these with my hands to insert a fill, roll, or accent where needed. It's fun to be playing along on the congas and bongos with their warm tones and then insert a quick fill on the metallic-sounding timbales for contrast. Playing seated with the congas gives me easy access to my tambourine, block, and bass drum pedals. I also like to play a bit of  bass drum to fill in the bottom end.

No comments:

Post a Comment